Welcome to Chapters! This is a book blog for young adults - and the young at heart! If you have a young adult book you would like me to read and review, feel free to email me here!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Place for Delta Review

      I recently just finished reading A Place for Delta, written by Melissa Walker. It tells the story of Delta, an abandoned polar bear cub with a growth deficiency, and the lives of the people she touches. Most of the book takes place during the summer in Alaska, when it's light twenty-four hours a day! The author really made me want to visit Alaska, just maybe not in the summer - I need my sleep! The book tackles a few issues in our society today, like global warming, but not enough to be overpowering. Everyone is kind of sick of hearing all about global warming I think, and the author GOT that. But I believe people should be more informed about how global warming is affecting wildlife all over the world. A Place for Delta is really a great story for ANY age, with a little something for everyone! It has adventure, mystery, and the ability to warm even the coldest of hearts. It really is just a sweet book - I really enjoyed reading it, and so did my mom! Happy reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely start to your YA blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your review, Angela! I look forward to reading more of your reviews. ;-)

    ReplyDelete